TACKLE FOOTBALL COMMISSIONER NEEDED FOR 2017 FALL SEASON
– Coordinate with the St. Hilary registrar on registration for tackle football, grades 4 thru 8, and with the athletic director to establish fees
– Work with other schools to merge programs to make sure there are enough players in each grade
– Identify coaches and make sure they get the proper training
– Keep up to date with CYO rule changes and share them with coaches, as appropriate
– Set up a uniform distribution and collection system
Please contact Lex Tomaszewski at email@example.com with questions or interest.
ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION SEEKING SPORTS PICTURE COORDINATOR
St. Hilary Athletic Association is in need of a Sports Picture Coordinator beginning the 2017/2018 school year. Training will take place during the spring sports season so please show your interest ASAP.
* arrange sports picture dates with Life Touch Sports representative (3 seasons)
* send an email to athletes regarding picture dates
* assist the photographers and coaches with the logistics on those dates
* receive picture orders at the school and help distribute to coaches/commissioners
* choose team photos for the yearbook
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Amy Goske at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All individuals interested in coaching for St. Hilary/CYO sports must complete the following PRIOR to any involvement with the players:
1. Virtus Training
2. Background Check
3. Coaches Development Program (CYO)
4. Online concussion training program
Items # 1-3 only need to be completed ONCE in your CYO coaching career. Item #4 must be completed once every three years.
Virtus training is provided at your expense through the Diocese of Cleveland. Click on the following link for a schedule of upcoming sessions including those in the Akron area
In addition, you are required to complete a background check (fingerprinting) at your expense.
Please review this link for information about Parish information regarding VIRTUS and the fingerprinting: http://www.sthilarychurch.org/pdfs/LetterOutliningRequirements.pdf.
Information on the CYO Coaches Development Program is available at:
AA will pay the $30 attendance fee for all head and assistant coaches if you are assigned to be a coach in any given season. You will need to complete the session prior to the start of your sport’s practices in order to be able to coach that season.
Concussion Training Requirements
Individuals are not allowed to serve as a coach without:
– Successfully completing, every three years, an online training program in recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussions and head injuries provided by the Ohio Department of Health
– Holding a Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) from the Ohio Department of Education
CYO requires coaches to take the following free on-line training course in order to meet the requirements of Ohio’s law on concussions:
Once the training is complete, coaches must print and submit the completion certificate via email to email@example.com. If the coach possesses a Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) from the Ohio Department of Education a copy must be emailed to the same address.