The St. Hilary Athletic Association provides an organizational path for the children of the parish to participate in Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) and other area sponsored sports programs. The Athletic Association provides a structured format with emphasis on participation and Christian fellowship.
The goal of the St. Hilary Athletic Association is to provide the children of our parish the best sports program possible with the resources available to us. The Athletic Association is responsible for managing and directing all aspects of St. Hilary sports programs.
The Athletic Association is a non-profit volunteer organization comprised of parents and friends willing to give their time and talent to maintain a quality program. If you would like to volunteer your time and talent to SHAA, please contact Lex Tomaszewski, at email@example.com.
The Athletic Association coordinates all activities associated with the sports programs offered. Annually, approximately 800 children participate in the following sports managed by the Athletic Association:
CYO Soccer: Fall – Grades 3-8
All Saints Soccer: Fall and Spring – Grade 1 & 2
Munchkin Soccer: Fall and Spring – Grades K
CYO Football: Fall – Grades 4-8
CYO Flag Football: Fall – Grades 1-3
CYO Cheerleading: Fall – Grades 4-8
CYO Cross Country: Fall – Grades 3-8
CYO Volleyball: Fall – Grades 3-8
CYO Basketball: Winter – Grades 3-8
CYO High School Basketball: Winter – Grades 9-12
Munchkin Basketball: Winter – Grades K, 1 & 2
GAASA Soccer: Spring – Grades 3-8
CYO High School Volleyball: Spring – Grades 9-12
CYO Track and Field: Spring – Grades 3-8
Board of Directors
Barry Thoman, Athletic Director – firstname.lastname@example.org –440-503-4205
Todd Stock, Assistant Athletic Director- email@example.com – 330-670-1166
Mark McCauley, Treasure – firstname.lastname@example.org– 330-635-5893
Lex Tomaszewski, Sports Information Director – email@example.com– 330-701-0444
Missy Cheney, Registrar – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-697-4040
Fr. Steve Brunovsky, Pastor – email@example.com – 330-867-1055
Athletic Association Directors
Wayne Weber, Facilities – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-867-0300
Melanie DePasquale, Sports Fundraiser – email@example.com –330-239-0698
Scott Dudek, Ext. Field / Site Coord. – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-310-2921
Scott Dudek, Dick’s Spt. Gds. Rel. Mgr. – email@example.com – 330-310-2921
Athletic Association Commissioners
Rob Whitehouse, Basketball – 330-212-3408 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Kennedy, Munchkin Basketball – email@example.com – 330-329-5138
Tammy Scott, Cheer Squad – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-848-1065
Michele Sollenberger, Cross Country – email@example.com – 330-668-7871
Dennis Bentley, Flag Football – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-607-2395
Rob Whitehouse, Tackle Football – email@example.com – 330-212-3408
John Scanlon, Soccer – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-607-1386
Todd Stock, Munchkin Soccer – email@example.com – 330-670-1166
Lauren Palumbo, Track – firstname.lastname@example.org 614-563-3897
Christy Woodburn, HS and Adult Volleyball – email@example.com – 330-607-4417
Jamie Malick, Gr. 3-8 Volleyball – firstname.lastname@example.org – 330-606-8507
There are no open positions at this time.
All individuals interested in coaching for St. Hilary/CYO sports must complete the following PRIOR to any involvement with the players (Items # 1-3 only need to be completed ONCE in your CYO coaching career. Item #4 must be completed once every three years.):
- Virtus training is provided at your expense through the Diocese of Cleveland. Click here for a schedule of upcoming sessions including those in the Akron area
2. Background Check
- You are required to complete a background check (fingerprinting) at your expense. Please review this link for Parish information regarding VIRTUS and the fingerprinting.
3. Coaches Development Program (CYO)
- Review information on the CYO Coaches Development Program. AA will pay the $30 attendance fee for all head and assistant coaches if you are assigned to be a coach in any given season. You will need to complete the session prior to the start of your sport’s practices in order to be able to coach that season.
4. Online concussion training program
- Individuals are not allowed to serve as a coach without:
– Successfully completing, every three years, an online training program in recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussions and head injuries provided by the Ohio Department of Health
- OR holding a Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) from the Ohio Department of EducationCYO requires coaches to take this free on-line training course in order to meet the requirements of Ohio’s law on concussions. Once the training is complete, coaches must print and submit the completion certificate via email to email@example.com. If the coach possesses a Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) from the Ohio Department of Education a copy must be emailed to the same address.
• The games take place on Saturdays & Sundays
• Payment is $10/game
• The CYO-lead training will be occur on Saturday, Nov 18th at the Sports Medicine Center at Akron Children’s Hospital. If you have attended this training 3 times prior, attendance is not necessary
On a weekly basis, the site directors will email the “shifts” (typically 3 – 4 games/hours) that are available for the upcoming weekend and those interested can reply directly to the site director.
If interested and wish to be added to the scorers list, all high-school aged students are encouraged to email SHAA Barry Thoman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, email and mobile number.